"Surely they who believe and do good deeds and keep up prayer and pay the poor-
rate (Zakat) they shall have their reward from their Lord, and they shall have no fear,
nor shall they grieve."
for Apr 2016
for Jan 2016
for Sept 2015
for July 2015
In Islam, Zakat is an obligatory act ordained by Allah (swt) to be performed by every
Muslim who is able to. It is an important pillar of Islam; one that carries immense
significance. For those who are unfamiliar with the concept, Zakat is the act of giving
a part one’s wealth and property to help the poor of the community. It is essentially
the process of the Muslim community looking out for it’s poorest and neediest.
For more information on Zakat, reference the FAQs by clicking here
• Zakat FAQ document: Reference the Zakat FAQ Document to get answers to common questions about Zakat.
• Zakat Calculator: To help calculate Zakat that must be paid we have provided references to Zakat Calculators found on the web. Use at your own discretion.
Zakat Calculator 1
Zakat Calculator 2
• Zakat Donation
• Resource Packet: - Provides a list of various organizations that can also be contacted for further assistance. Contact at your own discretion.
• Zakat Application and Instructions: To submit your Zakat application in person, email or fax, click the link to access the Word document. The zakat application is used to apply for Zakat at Islamic Society of Central Jersey (ISCJ). The application must be completed thoroughly and submitted with the appropriate documentation.
• Online Zakat Application: Access this link to complete your Zakat Application online. The application must be completed thoroughly and all required documentation must be submitted immediately as directed for it to be processed. Delay in providing your documentation will hold up the application review process.
Applying for Zakat
"As-Sadaqat (here it means Zakat)are only for the Fuqara' (poor), and Al-Masakeen (the Needy) and those employed to collect (the funds); and to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam); and to free the captives; and for those in debt; and for Allah's Cause, and for the wayfarer ( a traveler who is cut off from everything; a duty imposed by Allah. And Allah is All Knower, All-Wise."
- Sarah At-Tauba [9:60]
The zakat application is used to apply for Zakat at Islamic Society of Central Jersey (ISCJ). The application must be completed thoroughly and
submitted with the appropriate documentation. Utilize the checklist to complete the application in ENGLISH ONLY.
Click here for Zakat Application
All applications should comply with the following:
Complete all sections of the application accurately.
Ensure the section requesting an explanation of the applicants need for financial support is documented thoroughly. Use additional
sheets if needed.
Provide a copy of the applicants’ tax return for the current year (Form 1040).
Attach a copy of the applicants Social Security Card.
Provide additional documentation as required to provide proof to support your request. This could include:
Disability Check Stub(s)
Unemployment Check Stub(s)
Proof of social security benefits
Proof of Food Stamp benefits
Copy of unpaid bill
Veteran Approvers check
SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
You can submit the application in the following ways:
Website: Online Submission using the link below
Mail: Islamic Society of Central Jersey
P.O. Box 628
Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
Allow at least 1-2 weeks to process your application. Please note that sending an incomplete application or omitting supporting documentation is
likely to delay the process considerably.
Once ISCJ receives your application, it will be reviewed by the Zakat Representatives. You may be contacted via phone or email to request
further information or clarification.
If you would like to inquire about the status of your application email email@example.com. To speak to someone you may call the Zakat Line at: 732-
329-2020. If no one is able to attend your call, please leave a message and your call will be returned within 1-3 days.
ISCJ collaborates with other masajid in the area to review Zakat Applicant Information. If you have any concerns, please note them on your
The Zakat Application includes personal and confidential information intended only for restricted, internal use by authorized personnel
exclusively for evaluation of zakat requests. Unauthorized use, copying, distribution or dissemination of the information provided in this
application is strictly prohibited.
APPLY FOR ZAKAT