ISCJ ENDOWMENT FUND
WHAT IS ISCJ ENDOWMENT?
Imagine a wonderful day when there is no need to do any fund raising in our masjid – imagine masjid operational budget is provided
for and there is still excess money left with which ISCJ can offer many programs and services and there is still money left to help others.
That wonderful day is very much possible through ISCJ Endowment..
ISCJ Endowment is a collection of
income producing assets and properties for ISCJ Masjid. They can be mutual funds, rental homes,
or income generating investments / businesses. It is nothing but the very familiar Waqf.
An endowment fund is pool of money gifted to an institution. The monies and assets in an endowment are put to use to
derive a recurring income which is spent on furthering the mission of the institution.
Our vision is to build a $10 Million Endowment for the ISCJ. It might take several years to achieve this goal and our projections show that it is very much do-able.
For a generous and prosperous community like ours, this target is quite easily achievable, insha’Allah.
Our mission is to establish a thriving Endowment fund.
We seek to collect funds, invest them and grow them and our guiding principles are:
- Invest in halal vehicles
- Preserve and grow principal
- Seek modest 5-8% returns
- Spend a portion of the returns for the masjid
Our approach is to:
a) Collect funds passively while the Masjid and School expansion projects are in progress
b) Actively seek bequests and planned-giving gifts from ISCJ Community
BENEFITS OF ENDOWMENT
WHY SHOULD ONE GIVE TO ISCJ ENDOWMENT?
- Financial strength & self-funding
- Less or no fund-raising
- Less dependence on donations
- Cover budget shortfalls
WAYS ENDOWMENT GIFTS MAY BE GIVEN TO ISCJ
- To preserve and perpetuate Islam - Our most cherished assets are our Iman and our deen.
Supporting Islamic endowments like ISCJ Endowment will help preserve and perpetuate our deen for the future generations.
Imam Chebli often makes du’a to keep the doors of ISCJ open until the day of Akhira.
Your gift to ISCJ Endowment will help in realizing this du’a, insha’Allah.
- To earn rewards in the Hereafter - The only book that truly matters to us is our Book of Deeds. When we leave this Earth, our book of deeds is closed.
However, our endowment donations, our awqaf, shall keep adding to our book of deeds until the Day of Judgement.
Wouldn’t we want to want to invest in this tree of Good Deeds which shall keep benefiting us until the Day of Judgement?
- To realize substantial tax benefits – Often planned-giving to charities using trusts helps the charity and lower your tax bill substantially
for a win-win situation.
- Cash / Check
- Write a check to ISCJ with “Endowment Fund” in memo.
- Contribute to ISCJ Endowment Fund online at iscj.org/Donations
- PROPERTY AND SECURITIES
- Transfer deed of your property to ISCJ Endowment Fund
- Transfer ownership of financial securities such as shares and mutual funds
- LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
- Designate ISCJ Endowment Fund to be a beneficiary in your will
- for a certain dollar or
- for a certain percentage of your estate.
- For the purpose of encouraging others, please let us know at email@example.com
if you have designated ISCJ as a beneficiary
- Setup a trust for the benefit of ISCJ
- Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT)
- Charitable Leading Trust (CLT)
- Setup a donor-advised trust for the benefit of ISCJ
If you have any questions and need more information? Please write to us at Endowment@iscj.org.